Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday is over already . . . . WOW!

I can't believe it's the end of Wednesday. Seems it was just Monday and Friday was just a faint shadow in the distance. Time is flying!!

I got up and ran this morning!! Not only did I run, but I ran 8 miles!! Awesome! I got out a little late and even had the audacity to consider NOT running when I woke at 3:50 from a deep sleep and tried to convince myself that the deepness of my sleep meant I needed more and should reset the clock to 5:30 (from 4:10). I actually did reset the clock, but then I laid there for 8 minutes and then jumped out of bed and got ready. I got out of the house by 4:10 and ran the route I had mapped out in my mind. It was a nice steady 8 miles and I feel good about my performance. Amazingly, I really didn't feel to stiff throughout the day. If anything the pain I felt today had nothing to do with the running, but everything to do with the lifting!! My chest hurts to the touch, my shoulders hurt when I move and my biceps cry out when I bend my arms -- it had been a long time since I lifted, obviously.

So I think I decided that I can run long this Saturday without leaving Sherwood. I ran 8 miles this morning on a simple loop - I could do the loop twice for 16 miles and change it up a little more to make it interesting. Still thinking on it.

I did stop by the running store on my way home to pick up some possibilities for fueling en route. Bought some stinger chews and some stinger goo that's pure honey and then the lady talked me into some other kind of gel to try that didn't seem so thick. The PDX Running Chicks suggested other things like pretzels, vegetable broth and candy -- but they all pointed out its a very individual thing. I have to find what works best for me. It's definitely a process.

I'm so happy with my performance today though!! I intend to try and run tomorrow as well, maybe not 8 miles, but I want to get out there and run. Feel like I'm on a roll. And then tomorrow is another lifting day too -- I hope I'm able to lift the weights!!!

Finding it hard to believe tomorrow is the last day of March - already.

Time is flying by!!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment